Wednesday, October 27, 2010

What Is Satanism?

In yesterday's post, I had mentioned that buning the Holy Bible, burning crosses upside down, and burning money wasn't what made a person a Satanist, however, I do believe that it is part of how a ritual ceremony may be performed.  Although, I haven't performed any rituals as of yet,  I do hear Satanists say they plan their rituals ahead of time and add whatever they want to it.  If I was going to do rituals, hell yeah, maybe I would burn the Holy Bible, burn a cross upside down, or maybe burn a dollar to defile the government just to intensify the ritual, but I think it depends on each individual.  

So today, I took my binder, wrote on a fresh clean piece of paper, and wrote "What Is Satanism?"  Beneath the heading, I wrote out a list that looked like this.  Satanism is.... Believing in yourself, the worship of the self,  opposing Christianity and everything it stands for, being the opposite of what is supposed to be good in Christian mythology,  indulging in the pleasures of the flesh, living to the best of your ability, becoming more than you are as both an individual and a Satanist, and believing in the creative aspects of your life.

For the time being, I will contemplate on this list and when I write tomorrow's post I will answer the question, "What Is Satanism To Me?"

No comments:

Post a Comment